The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/after-having-found-the-time-to-read-the-30072668.aspx

Subject:  Re: Waking Up to Major Colonoscopy Bills Date:  5/31/2012  10:24 PM
Author:  JLC Number:  70726 of 76395

After having found the time to read the article/blog, I have to laugh. The one main plaintiff actually works for in a field that covers health care. So why was she surprised about some physicians NOT participating in insurance? I think I see why she needed a colonoscopy, she had her head up her a$$.

The article/blog was a little one sided. Yes the one MD didn't respond to calls. But you think you could've talked to another anesthesiologist and perhaps someone that works in medical insurance claims?

The bills themselves didn't seem too outrageous, IMHO. Probably more than what I'd get but in the general ballpark. Many people need to think of anesthesiologists as insurance. Usually our job is boring and we like it that way. But when the sh*t hits the fan (pun intended in this discussion), you don't want some amateur (the GI doc or nurses) trying to resuscitate/rescue you. You want a pro, and that would be me.

JLC
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us