The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Amending separate to joint Date:  6/6/2012  9:00 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  116229 of 127753

In all my years of practice, I've never had to amend separate tax returns to a joint return. I've known for many, many years that it is allowed (and the reverse, from joint to separate is not), but I've never actually done one.

One seemingly simple question that I just cannot find an answer to: What amounts do you put in column A? Just the husband's? Just the wife's? The combination of both even though there is no tax return with those numbers on it?

Thanks for any help.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us