The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quottenderloin-butts-which-dont-make-very-good-30093425.aspx

Subject:  Re: filet américain Date:  6/12/2012  5:11 PM
Author:  voelkels Number:  21192 of 21259

"tenderloin butts (which don't make very good steaks) and top or inside round…"

That gives me my excuse to not try it; those cuts aren't available from kosher butchers in the US. (Well, perhaps kosher butchers in New York offer it, I doubt even that.)

"I would post the rest of the recipe but it may be against the Fool’s policy…"

Go ahead and post it. Recipes aren't protected by copyright.

Maybe so, but I have, in the past, had posts pulled by the folk at the Fool (mostly in the U.K. but also in the U.S.) because it may have infringed on someone’s copyright. In the case of Tom’s website & recipes, as long as I tell you where it came from and his website’s address, he was more than happy for me to post it on-line.

Axe-u-lee, I have, IMHO, a more interesting “recipe” for “Salmon Tartare”, which was originally published in “The Times-Picayune” newspaper by Cajun cook & author Marcelle Bienvenu just before New Years that I “Scandahovinized” from the original.
;-)

C.J.V. - if you want her original “recipe” and my variation on it, I can post that for y’all, me
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us