The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Garden Tools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/indeed-part-of-the-toss-it-mentality-30105091.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Listing Date:  6/19/2012  3:59 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  167 of 213

Indeed, part of the toss it mentality...

Personally, I tend to run 'em into the ground before giving up, my old 18: Skil was bought in the 70s I think, a few chains, the drive sprocket is worn, but still grabs, it fires right up, I used it years ago fro firewood, cutting down or dead oak up in the National Forest to the Norht if me, cut a load of 8' lengths, then come home, cut them to fireplace lengths as I found the time.. Eucalyptus, too, tough on the saw.. At one time I ground out the restrictors so it would cut faster, but the newer chains were better, I leave 'em along, just sharpen a bit.. I see a lot of sawa st the local flea market, but never needed more than the Skil...

A local old timer owned small engine shop, lars Engines has done the only tuneup I ever needed on a Echo blower, filter, plug, a few bucks and it's been fine for years.. Bought my Husky hedge/weed trimmer there a few years back, wanted the longer reach for a fig guava bush hedge I've since torn out.. So a bit of overkill...

Love good tools, probably good I don't have room for more!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us