The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics


Subject:  Re: DRIPs and taxes Date:  6/21/2012  5:43 PM
Author:  dfish Number:  27744 of 27910

Gifting will not help. When you give your shares to someone, they also must assume your cost basis.

If you leave shares to someone in your will, they would receive the stepped-up cost basis.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us