The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Amateur legal opinions requested Date:  6/22/2012  6:16 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  116327 of 127616

My sister-in-law took in my elderly father-in-law several years ago.

Make sure SIL keeps copious documentation of her initial investment. If lookback time does come she may be able to protect that if she can prove it. OTOH, it might be in her best interest to sell the house now and get her share while she can. Unless an aversion to seeking professional help runs in the family, it might behoove her to talk to a lawyer now, before she puts more money into the place.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us