The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Genealogy

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ah-weco-a-cohort-from-the-apple-users-board-i-30119451.aspx

Subject:  Re: Organizing Genealogy Files Date:  6/27/2012  6:59 PM
Author:  rosepetal Number:  697 of 803

Ah weco, a cohort from the Apple Users Board!

I need to check out Reunion 9....really never used the full capability of Reunion 8, but it did give me a place to start putting in the names and relationships.

I finally broke down and started using the Family Tree entries at Ancestry.com.......I was searching for others looking for or posting their trees....figured I could help by sharing what I knew......

Have been a member of Ancestry and Genealogy.com for years.......but the first year or so I was starting the journey, I got most of my info by googling names and counties...it was amazing how much turned up! Also, made good use of the Discussion Boards for the different surnames.....

(That is definitely a way to get lost in the search.....I would read for hours!!!)

Once I get my files set properly on the computer, I will go back and continue to fill in the info on Ancestry.com......so much to do...so little time!!!!

(Sometimes I feel like just throwing much of my paper files away. I printed everything I found on the internet.....can go back now and cull lots of unimportant info that at one time I thought was important!)

Thanks for your input!

"Rosie"
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us