The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Genealogy

Subject:  Re: Organizing Genealogy Files Date:  6/27/2012  6:59 PM
Author:  rosepetal Number:  697 of 852

Ah weco, a cohort from the Apple Users Board!

I need to check out Reunion 9....really never used the full capability of Reunion 8, but it did give me a place to start putting in the names and relationships.

I finally broke down and started using the Family Tree entries at was searching for others looking for or posting their trees....figured I could help by sharing what I knew......

Have been a member of Ancestry and for years.......but the first year or so I was starting the journey, I got most of my info by googling names and was amazing how much turned up! Also, made good use of the Discussion Boards for the different surnames.....

(That is definitely a way to get lost in the search.....I would read for hours!!!)

Once I get my files set properly on the computer, I will go back and continue to fill in the info on much to little time!!!!

(Sometimes I feel like just throwing much of my paper files away. I printed everything I found on the internet.....can go back now and cull lots of unimportant info that at one time I thought was important!)

Thanks for your input!

Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us