The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Genealogy

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-paul-it-is-an-interesting-dance-sorting-30121818.aspx

Subject:  Re: Organizing Genealogy Files Date:  6/28/2012  5:55 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  702 of 855

Thanks Paul - It is an interesting dance, sorting the earlier generation from the alive current generations does present another challenge...

Where I've been looking is on my Mom (Polish/Irish), and my Dad's (Danish) side...

Mom's side quite a few pieces of the puzzle, even a cousin popped up, the grandson of a second cousin, she'd given his Dad up for adoption as a girl, so reuniting them was quite a trip..

Dad's, I'm stumped, his Mom died here in CA, but his Dad, no idea, apparently thy split around 1902, as I found a court reference to property disposal, but still have no birthplace, just Denmark... met a Danish Librarian on a trip to England several years ago, got his email, but was never able to make contact with him in Copenhagen... Maybe his heath issues caught up, or it was a bad address.. Looked for the name in the staff, never found it..

But I get interested on and off, be nice to make a find... I've shared the files with family, but it's hard to get the younger set interest as they get busy with family, careers...
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us