The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/letter-irs-needs-more-infomation-30131972.aspx

Subject:  letter - IRS needs more infomation Date:  7/4/2012  4:58 PM
Author:  lethean Number:  116391 of 121585

I received a letter from the IRS stating that they need more information to process my 2011 return. The letter isn't a CP2000. I see a coding of LTR 12C. Letter is signed by Operations Mgr, Input Correction.

The letter asks for any forms, schedules or other info required to support entries as follows:

Schedule C is incomplete or missing. Please send the completed schedule
with info that supports the entry $xxxx on line 12, Form 1040.

Schedule D is incomplete or missing. Please send the completed schedule with info that supports the entry $xxxx on line 13, Form 1040. (I did file Form 8949.)

Schedule A is incomplete or missing. Please send the completed schedule with info that supports the entry $xxxxx on line 40, Form 1040.

This seems very strange to me.

Do I just resend the Schedules and supporting forms that they asked for? Or should I call them? (My questions to them would be: 1) Are these Schedules really missing? 2) And if not, what information is missing?

If I resend the Schedules and supporting forms, it will be the same info as I originally provided. Is this the way to proceed? What do you suggest?

Thank you.

ML

ML
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us