The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-feel-the-same-way-about-police-i-will-walk-out-30132286.aspx

Subject:  Re: My TSA horror story Date:  7/4/2012  11:02 PM
Author:  jaagu Number:  43906 of 59084

I feel the same way about police. I will walk out of my way or change my plans to avoid even crossing paths with police. I similarly try to minimize my contact with TSA agents. My experience and the experience of many others I know with our police state indicates that you are better off avoiding even the possibility of interaction.

==================

You are luckey to live in America. In most of the world your experience is typical. I would not like to argue with Russian, Chinese, Indian, Egyptian, Israeli, Mexican police or security. I wouldn't want to be a black man in Alabama (or any other southern state) and argue with the police.

In 1968, after graduating from UCLA, a buddy and I drove to Mexico for a surfing adventure. We crossed the border in Nogales and about 10 miles into Mexico we were pulled over by the police. We asked what was the problem, but the would not say and just kept us waiting in the 110F sun. We knew they wanted money, but we were not not eager to give them any. Finally we gave them $10 each and they let us go. The fear of being in a Mexican jail made it easy to give them the money.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us