The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Hawaii

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/aloha-patti-my-wife-and-i-recently-30134676.aspx

Subject:  Re: CHTP Date:  7/6/2012  12:19 PM
Author:  MisterFungi Number:  2349 of 2387

Aloha, Patti. (My wife and I recently semi-retired, spending about 6 months/year in Waikiki.) You're asking or free advice, and that may be exactly what mine is worth.

That said, a quick look at CHTP indicates that it was always a highly speculative biotech company. Unless one is exceptionally expert in the research the company is doing, such stocks are basically lottery tickets: you might win a bundle, but most likely you'll lose.

So my advice would be to treat your CHTP shares that way. You can hold them if you like, and you might win the lottery someday. Or you can sell them at whatever the market price happens to be right now.

As for class-action lawsuits on such stocks, they are even more speculative. Certain firms routinely try to attract angry investors so that they might file such suits. Even if they happen to win, the lawyers capture nearly all the winnings. Years from now, you might "win" a few cents on the dollar.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us