The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Hybrid Vehicle Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-well-as-wondering-about-hybrid-owners-switching-30139746.aspx

Subject:  Re: Priuschat.com Date:  7/9/2012  11:17 PM
Author:  Carpian Number:  696 of 701

As well as wondering about hybrid owners switching to non-hybrids (great question Fuskie, although unfortunately anyone who did switch probably isn't following this board any more), I'm wondering about Prius owners who have gone to a newer version. I've been very happy with my 2004 Prius, and a few months ago had a bit of a windfall that allowed me to consider trading in for a new one. I went and test drove one, but was disappointed to find that I didn't like it as much as my 2004. It seemed a bit smaller to me, and I was later able to verify that that's because it really is. Plus, it was missing some of the convenient little compartments to stash things that I like in my 04. And since the performance specs were about the same, I couldn't find anything to make me want a newer one, except the repair bills are starting to mount a bit as things need replacing (not the batteries yet).

Anyone traded in a 2nd-generation Prius (2004-2009) on a 3rd-generation Prius (2010 or later)? What do you notice as differences? I don't believe the next generation of Prius is due until 2015 or 2016, so I may need to wait until then. Looking at specs, I don't see any other similar hybrids that compare favorably with the Prius for performance or comfort.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us