The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Aruba's Isle of Revenge

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dash-in-china-30142120.aspx

Subject:  Dash in China Date:  7/11/2012  11:15 AM
Author:  FiddleDeeDee Number:  86139 of 86536

Yesterday, Dash hopped a plane for Beijing for a 3 week study tour through our friendly neighborhood college. It's a trip of a lifetime for him, because he has always been interested in ancient China and he will be sight-seeing for the next week and see the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Ming Tombs, and who knows what else. The last 2 weeks will be spent at the Hong Kong Institute, where he will be taking courses in several subjects related to China and the world.

I am so happy that PB2 and I were able to give him this wonderful opportunity. My Mom and I decided that this was an educational opportunity -- he will be getting 3 credits for his efforts, if he gets a good grade -- so we used his education funds set aside for his college. I would not have been able to afford it otherwise.

After we dropped him off with the professor who is leading the trip and the other 9 students, we walked back through Logan Airport, finally able to relax. I thought to myself, "this is it, I'm done." I have finally 'finished' my parenting duties. I know that that's not really true; he'll need me in ways I can't fathom yet, but the things that I deemed important for him to have are now done. I can't believe this day has come, but it has. I am still in shock. He is now an adult, very nearly on his own and with a great future.

Wow.

Andrea
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us