The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yep-it-seems-the-lib-bashers-of-romney-forgot-30179117.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mormon church exodus Date:  7/31/2012  5:39 PM
Author:  Frydaze1 Number:  44370 of 63279

Yep, it seems the lib bashers of Romney forgot about that minor detail of one of the largest and wackiest churches in history. One that burned 'witches' (women) at the stake - usually those who were widowed with assets the church elders coveted...... yepper, that Catholic church.

Actually, all the "lib bashers of Romney" I know of are equal opportunity religion bashers. Most of the people I see bashing particularly on Mormonism (rather than on Romney in general) are conservatives. When I see libs bashing on Romney, it's 80% about his inconsistency, and 18% about his foot-in-mouth disease.

Though the fact that the burning-at-the-stake part hasn't happened in a few hundred years, while the holes-in-the-magic-underwear part is still happening today, seems justification for considering *current* practitioners or Mormonism to be more odd than *current* practitioners of Catholisicm.

Frydaze1
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us