The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Amended Tax Return Date:  8/1/2012  11:51 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  116487 of 127643

The change only adds some capital loss carry-over. So, it (hopefully) shouldn't be all that difficult of a process.

Easy peasy. No changes to the numbers on the 1040X, attach the amended Schedule D, and you're done.

Don't forget the state even though nothing changes. They no doubt require you to amend if you amend the Federal.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us