The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Bicycling Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/where-there-was-a-huge-difference-is-humidity-30191772.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trip One Date:  8/7/2012  6:22 PM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  14957 of 15399

Where there was a huge difference is humidity which I am totally not used to. I somehow thought training at altitude would help balance it and it didn’t...

I could've told you that.

I'm well used to training with humidity but during our mother-daughter trip across country pretty much exactly two years ago, me and baby had a dose of Denver altitude. We both realised you're only good for what it is you train for.

I am heavy – Rubenseque if you will(not sure if anyone who posts here has met me). There was judgment passed on what I could possibly do and no one believed I had trained for this trip. This was from leaders and participants.....

Well, I've given this trip a F- for this alone.

I'm not heavy at all, but I'm "old"......at least in the eyes of some folk (it's me diamond jubilee b-day come September)

Can I ask....is this the group who mentioned that they had folk who graduated to their trip directly from SPINNING classes?

A Pox on them.

Vivienne
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us