The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Bicycling Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wow-ive-very-disappointed-for-you-can-you-share-30192404.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trip One Date:  8/8/2012  7:57 AM
Author:  hockeypop Number:  14960 of 15425

Wow, I've very disappointed FOR you. Can you share the company that you used? These are usually pretty expensive, but they range all over for the level of service (Road Scholar is usually least expensive and can be spotty, but can be super too). We've ridden all over, usually just by ourselves, but were really looking forward to some of these "supported" rides.

I think you are right that humidity can be just as hard as altitude. However, I think it's even harder when you don't have a "buddy" to ride with you. DW and I enjoy going out with others, but ultimately we pace and push ourselves. Sorry, alone with a tip sheet and a cell phone doesn't sound like an exciting ride, especially with the stress of heat and humidity.

I think it's another "knock" on the company that they doubted your fitness. If they advertised this as high speed and fitness levels that's one thing. But DW and I are fit, but will never make it to the ab commercials nor win a bike race. From what you're doing in Colorado, you qualify as fit certainly. We average between 11 and 15 mph, often stop to drink and stretch, and enjoy the scenery of our rides. I'm sorry if our NYC/NJ neighbors didn't make it nice for you. We see all kinds of levels of riders, but mostly bikers are good people.

I was hoping for an A+ because we'd like to do that someday too. Clearly NOT with that group.

Hockeypop
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us