The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Bicycling Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/last-post-on-trip-one-because-trip-two-is-not-far-30212792.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trip One Date:  8/19/2012  10:30 AM
Author:  reallyalldone Number:  14971 of 15326

Last post on Trip One because Trip Two is not far out(sandwiched between visits to wonderful grandson).

I doubt my experience was the norm but one thing that still concerns me is that I did fill out the post trip survey online and it does seem like my experience and the fact I had another trip booked might compel someone from the company to contact me. That hasn't happened.

One other thing that bothered me(I've been riding a lot with time to think) is that I really think the tip sheets were substandard and I'm not sure they did well picking the routes. It was like they looked at a map but didn't talk to any local cyclists. I know there are roads that might look ride-able both places I live that local cyclists stay away from for one reason or another. There were places that we didn't see other cyclists at all.

I did decide to attend a local bike club's annual meeting in October. It's the one that organized the Katy Trail trip I did 3 or 4 years ago. I'll see what that feels like as a single and see what trips they are thinking of next year.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us