The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Bicycling Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-doubt-my-experience-was-the-norm-but-one-thing-30213960.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trip One Date:  8/20/2012  8:54 AM
Author:  hockeypop Number:  14972 of 15425

I doubt my experience was the norm but one thing that still concerns me is that I did fill out the post trip survey online and it does seem like my experience and the fact I had another trip booked might compel someone from the company to contact me. That hasn't happened.

One other thing that bothered me(I've been riding a lot with time to think) is that I really think the tip sheets were substandard and I'm not sure they did well picking the routes. It was like they looked at a map but didn't talk to any local cyclists. I know there are roads that might look ride-able both places I live that local cyclists stay away from for one reason or another. There were places that we didn't see other cyclists at all.

I did decide to attend a local bike club's annual meeting in October. It's the one that organized the Katy Trail trip I did 3 or 4 years ago. I'll see what that feels like as a single and see what trips they are thinking of next year.

I got the "Backroads" brochure this weekend. Beautiful rides and unbelievably expensive, but they are things I've always dreamed of -- Peru/Machu Picho, the California shore, France, Italy, Danube and more. I'd never use them and won't based upon your experience. For that fee, and many of the pictures show "seniors", it should be bulletproof, and follow-up is expected. UNBELIEVABLE!

Hockeypop
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us