The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Webmaster's Corner

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/java-compiling-help-30216007.aspx

Subject:  Java compiling help Date:  8/21/2012  8:43 AM
Author:  mmrmnhrm Number:  16332 of 16444

Looking for help getting a Java program running again, and stockmover suggested I come over here. The root problem appears to be that Oracle unsigned a bunch of Sun's old certs citing security/liability, so I *think* all that's needed is a recompile with fresh certs, or turning off the cert-check. I have the original GPL source, plus all the dependencies (I think).

The problem I'm running into is that if I try to start at the lowest levels of the tree and compile upwards, I quickly run into situations where class A requires class B, but class B can't exist with class A. In another place, I have successfully compiled class A, but class B can't find it when it attempts to add an extension, despite being in the same directory. If I try to start at the highest level (which after reading a whole lot of HOWTOs, tutorials, and other stuff, seems to be the right way), all I get is an unmanageable flood of error messages through my cmd window, and not even a single class file to show for it.

/activate puppy eyes.... Help?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us