The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-they-totally-screw-up-the-message-that-was-30221476.aspx

Subject:  Re: HSBC online Saving Term Changes Date:  8/23/2012  8:12 PM
Author:  TMFTaurean Number:  24202 of 24247

So they totally screw up the message that was emailed to all their customers and then post this to their website (and just buried at the top of the initial login form which a lot of folks might not even read. Could they also not choose to email the correction to their customers too and maybe even offer some sort of apology for the confusion, which their notice on the website neglected to do.

I got a reply from their customer service to the irate inquiry I sent them reiterating the same thing. And rather than giving me a chance to even reconsider the request I made to close the account as a direct result of their error, they are going ahead and closing the account anyway. And for the measly $0.01 I had in the account which I told them they could keep for their trouble, they said they would be mailing me a check after the account closes :-)

I wonder how many customers they're going to lose over this?

Mark
CF Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us