The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Bicycling Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-great-story-i-cant-ride-bike-30230505.aspx

Subject:  Re: Are you tired of all the ugly cycling storie Date:  8/28/2012  6:19 PM
Author:  N56629 Number:  14982 of 15354

Thanks for the great story.

I can't ride bike anymore or at least like I did before (four years ago.) I had to come up with some way to ride and exercise. I tried an exercise bike for awhile but my right foot kept sliding off the pedals because my right side is partially paralyzed and I soon became discouraged.

After a bit of thought, a year or so later, I was looking at my race bike and thought about the clip-ons. I checked the threads and sure enough they where the same. I put them on the exercise bike, found my old shoes and started riding.

My feet no longer slipped off the pedals and has helped me in occasionally riding one of the street bikes. I can even ride it without my feet falling off the pedals. Now if I can just get my balance and endurance back I'll be back riding the 100's. Well maybe 15 or 30mile rides.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us