The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/blackberry-season-30244425.aspx

Subject:  Blackberry Season Date:  9/5/2012  12:27 PM
Author:  BAMartin Number:  54500 of 55991

This is my first blackberry season here in Washington state and I found the most perfect blackberry picking spot. I have gone out picking 4 times and now I have 4 gallons of frozen berries and 7 half pints of jam. We had a beautiful cobbler last night and I have 3/4 of a gallon in the refrigerator. I think I might have one a little overboard.

Here is the cobbler recipe I used. It was delightful served with vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients

1 stick Butter
1-1/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Milk
2 cups Blackberries (frozen Or Fresh)

Preparation Instructions

Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar, flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a 9 X 13 baking dish.

Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us