The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/at-age-66i-sleep-most-nights-55-to-65-30244884.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sleep Date:  9/5/2012  3:21 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  17810 of 19348

at age 66...I sleep most nights 5.5 to 6.5 hours...then wake up...... usually decide to go to the bathroom......get back in bed.....

I hit the hay most nights at 10pm when home...if I'm traveling, maybe 9 pm......

Awake at 4 am...5 am...if i exercise moderately...or talk for an hour or two........well, I sleep another hour or two...... if I exercise too much...I sleep less, with sleep apnea rearing its ugly head.....waking up too many times....

I dunno....just get enough exercise every day to tire you out.

I turn on a radio when I wake up ..listen to the Midnight Trucker program on many of the clear channels...good right wing radio.....and usually sometime later I fall asleep and the next thing I know it is an hour or two later...and time to get up.

Yeah, it is a bummer if you are with people who go to bed at 3am, sleep till noon.....

Youngsters and teenagers and 20s folks tend to get sleepy at 2 or 3 am and sleep till noon.

Older folks get sleepy right after sunset..and are 'awake' at 6am or earlier for the most part...just part of the aging process.

I don't do well at parties that start at 9 or 10pm......

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us