The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-reply-aj-i-had-forgotten-that-i-30245378.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wearing me down... Date:  9/5/2012  6:32 PM
Author:  IslandFoolin Number:  305882 of 308681

Thanks for the reply, AJ.

I had forgotten that I do still belong to Western Federal Credit Union via a previous employer a few years back.

I'm currently applying for a debt consolidation loan to see what kind of luck I'll have with them.

As for stopping the digging, yes, I forgot to mention that the cards live in the desk and not in my wallet. Sadly, they're all maxed out and thus are unable to be used.

And yes, the hard truth is that I need to make more / spend less. October should see me moving to NYC. Against popular opinion this will actually result in me making more money even after the increase in living expenses is taken into consideration. However, saving for that move (approx. $2500) seems awfully contrary to debt pay down. I'm viewing it as an investment for that reason. We'll see...

Finally, yes, I keep records of every expense to an almost compulsive degree. I've been using Quicken since 2004 and almost cried when I lost 6 years of data when transferring the files from PC to Mac.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us