The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/agreed-donna-it-was-funny-and-i-did-chuckle-yet-30255374.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I Really Join Facebook? Date:  9/11/2012  1:24 AM
Author:  MichaelRead Number:  17837 of 19257

Agreed, Donna, it was funny and I did chuckle yet it perpetuates a stereotypical dodderingness that I find on reflection awry with fact. I would put dollars on those of us geezers in their three-score and ten years still doing ‘stuff’ as well as if we were much younger.

It wasn’t that dbphd and I hijacked the threat talking about home theater but that – both of us in our mid seventies – can and have built high-end systems parallel to few. And it isn’t that db ‘just’ built his system but that he’s knowledgeable about each component in it and how each interacts with its fellows. We’re talking micrometer adjustments here so the system is at its peak. That takes smarts.

Point is we in the latter part of our lives really don’t fit the stereotype of losing everything portable and who are mystified by the modern electronics and their use. Sure, those without any prior interest may find some difficulty but, in the main, we’ve seen the concept before and learning how to handle the modern iteration can be learned.

Doddering we ain’t.

MichaelR
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us