The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Teachers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-you-have-often-come-on-here-and-talked-about-30263758.aspx

Subject:  Re: Strike....Finally! Date:  9/14/2012  10:03 PM
Author:  AcmeFool Number:  9735 of 9947

But you have often come on here and talked about how "easy" teaching is (in your mind) and how easy teachers have it and, "Why don't the teachers just do THIS?" That's why I say I'd like to see you in a classroom.

I agree that he has been misguided and uninformed (ignorant is the correct word, but it has such a negative connotation) on the difficulties and challenges of teaching. Also about what is likely to work and what won't.

But...

And when you rant about "the unions". . . "the unions" are the teachers. When you attack the unions, you're attacking the teachers.

I don't agree with you at all here. Yes, teachers are members of the unions. And they elect the officers. But unions are far more than the teachers and it is this extra portion that seems to cause so many issues. (That and so many ignorant teachers that don't really know what they have and/or would get in any other career given their overall set of skills.) I often despise the actions of teachers unions; does that mean I despise the teachers?

Acme
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us