The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-due-to-have-a-second-phone-screen-30263865.aspx

Subject:  Re: Interesting phone screen situation Date:  9/14/2012  11:34 PM
Author:  kahunacfa Number:  48958 of 49409

...I'm due to have a second phone screen tomorrow; and it's with a manager who would report to me if I were to take the position.

Here's the issue: The screen was originally scheduled for today, but I never received a call from her. I followed up with the recruiter, who indicated that the interviewer called twice and left a voice mail message.

I double-checked the phone number I gave them and also checked the call logs for my cell phone. If she called, then she dialed the wrong number, as I received other calls today without issue.

In thinking through this interaction, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps this person has a bias against me or any of the other candidates she has to interview, as this position would be a promotion for her...that is, if they were to promote from within. ...
- LonghornBoy | Date: 9/12/2012 10:56:44 PM | Number: 48957

It is totally unacceptable to have a phone screen interview discussion with someone at a company who would be reporting to you if you were to be hired for the position. Make this absolutely clear to the Headhunder who first contacted you.

Also, if the company is unwilling to fund your travel expenses to make a physical visit and interview with the company, then you do not wnat to work for that company -- simple as that!!!

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional
1974 - Present
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us