The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-usually-insist-on-having-a-phone-screen-with-30264773.aspx

Subject:  Re: Interesting phone screen situation Date:  9/15/2012  6:26 PM
Author:  LonghornBoy Number:  48962 of 49438

I usually insist on having a phone screen with the hiring manager before committing to travel.

First of all, thanks for all of your comments. I appreciate the different perspectives of everyone who is providing feedback.

In this particular case, the company in question is just a few miles down the road from me, so travel isn't really an issue. I would be one of the CEO's direct reports and HR is working to phone screen and vet candidates before pulling him in for a F2F interview.

As a follow-up to my original post, I received a note from the interviewer just prior to the rescheduled interview, indicating that she would not be able to meet with me this week and that she would work with HR to reschedule. She was apologetic and indicated that she was causing delays in the process.

I haven't yet heard from HR, but am thinking that I'll probably hear something next week. So at this point, the second phone screen has yet to happen. The behavior I'm seeing is a bit odd, but I haven't quite decided if it has anything to do directly with me or not.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us