The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada (General)

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/generally-speaking-i-dont-think-that-its-ever-30266254.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pengrowth Opinions Date:  9/16/2012  11:54 PM
Author:  TMFinept Number:  63028 of 63887

Generally speaking, I don't think that it's ever too late (or too early) to sell. If you have two some place better to put the money, that's where it ought to be. Move the money to an investment that is going to deliver returns that are more in line with your investing horizon and risk tolerance.

You don't need to go down with a sinking ship just because your luggage is still on board.

I don't know the first thing about Pengrowth and I cannot speak to your situation or your brother's (though I know the wonderful feeling of having owned PMT) so I'm not offering advice. Maybe it takes off tomorrow and makes everyone rich.

All I'm saying is that you are never obligated to stay invested. Even if you've lost 90%, you can still put the remaining 10% to good use. No point in losing it too. It's better off where it's going to work for you, even if it's much less than it was formerly.

The only exception would be if the commissions would be costlier than the remaining value of the investment.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us