The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Insurance - Life, Car, Home,etc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/weve-had-allstate-for-over-20-years-for-auto-30266926.aspx

Subject:  Re: AllState Insurance Date:  9/17/2012  12:26 PM
Author:  akck Number:  17664 of 17953

We've had Allstate for over 20 years for auto, boat, renters and homeowners insurance. Claim-wise, we've had multiple windshields, one car totaled claim and one leaking pipe claim. All occurred after years of paying premiums. So, from our point of view, service has been good. Over the years, the homeowners premium has gone up. I think some of the increase was due to the Katrina claims where they raised national rates for everyone. Other increases were due to valuation increases related to construction costs. Oh, and I did increase our liability coverage. We've been able to limit premium increases by raising the deductibles.

Also, my favorite insurance company to have a claim against is State Farm Insurance. At least in our area, they were very nice to deal with the claim, covering all damage and providing a rental replacement. This may not be saying much as I haven't had to deal with any other company. I guess State Farm Insurance drivers like to hit our vehicles.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us