The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/retyping-it-was-the-simplest-way-to-put-their-name-30268035.aspx

Subject:  Re: Resume Service Date:  9/17/2012  9:57 PM
Author:  RHinCT Number:  48969 of 49497

Retyping it was the simplest way to put THEIR name and THEIR contact information on my resume. And in those days there were these people called secretaries, and typists who spent their days doing little else but typing onto paper (with corrections starting with a little bottle of white fluid). Often working from hand written drafts! Mine was only done on a word processor because my sister owned a word processing service with maybe half-a-dozen Vydecs - cutting edge! - that did work for law firms.

A very different world, you had to be there. 8-)

(A few years later I knew one very smart and geeky but pretty much clueless-on-several-levels guy who put his resume on the company's IBM mainframe, where we found it after he left. That meant it was ALL IN UPPER CASE and was printed on green-bar paper, wider than it was high and with holes down the sides and perforation marks top and bottom. We always figured he sent it out that way, which would have been about par for him.)

RH in CT, bit of an old geezer
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us