The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Quagmire

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-the-gun-nuts-will-vote-as-a-block-for-30269694.aspx

Subject:  Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date:  9/18/2012  4:27 PM
Author:  steve203 Number:  89919 of 90310

Well the gun nuts will vote as a block for Romney,

Would that be the Romney who, as Governor, supported gun control, or the Romney that, when running for POTUS in 08 bought a lifetime membership in the NRA?

As Jefferson? said... "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just".

Ironic that the Repubs claim Jefferson as one of their own, as he was an isolationist, against a large professional military, religiously variable and no friend of bankers.

The party has been hijacked by deranged dittoheads. Eisenhower or even Nixon would have been too far left for it.

Barry Goldwater, long identified with the right wing of the Republican party, would no longer be welcome. Read the comments he made while in the Senate in the early 80s warning about how the party was being taken over by the religious right. Read about his support for gays serving openly in the military...and this from an Air Force Brigider General, as opposed to the chicken hawks of today that rail against gays, but never spent a day in uniform.

Some of the media do not seem to grasp the tactics behind Romney's comments.

How Mitt Romney just lost the election

Comments caught on video reveal that the GOP candidate thinks half of Americans are losers. This is an utter disaster for his campaign.

http://money.msn.com/politics/post.aspx?post=358695c0-0d2d-4...

After 30 years, this "journalist" still does not grasp the Repub tactics of division and hate: denegrate Obama supporters as a crowd that you don't want to be associated with, so if you don't want to be thought of as a loser, a slacker, and a crybaby, you will vote Repub instead.

In contrast, Obama's swipe at Repubs 4 years ago, the "guns and Bibles" crowd, is, to some, a positive. They want to be thought of as people of faith who support their Constitutional rights.

Steve
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us