The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Rollover OUT of Roth, INTO State Pension Pla Date:  9/20/2012  9:58 AM
Author:  culcha Number:  70927 of 88766

To me, it sounds strange to want to get some of your Roth IRA (where qualifired distributions would be tax-free in your retirement) into your pension (where distributions would taxed as ordinary income in your retirement.

Would another possibility be to take some of the savings in your Roth and purchase additional years of toward your pension?

Who do I talk to in this bureacracy?

If you want to talk to anyone, I think I would post your question on the Tax Strategies board. Several tax professionals and retired IRA folks themselves frequest that board -- I've sometimes had informative and useful answers to my questions with 20 minutes of my post. Those people are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. If you still want to talk to someone in the IRS, they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us