The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ha-no-kidding-all-that-in-your-face-im-so-smart-30276608.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hit the 1K mark Date:  9/22/2012  12:09 AM
Author:  retireewannabee Number:  27749 of 27818

Ha, no kidding! all that in-your-face-I'm-so-smart crap is just annoying. I like the peaceful living over here, although I don't show up often. drippers aren't a chatty crowd.

I was just describing to someone my tortoise role in the old bit, where I stroll into a dealership with a dividend check to pay for my new car and cruise by the trend-chasing fee-paying hare, by then elderly and tired, waiting for the bus... brokers having emptied his pockets years before... while I have been getting paid to own stocks all those years.

Thank you for giving me the motivation to go see what ALL of my dividends are getting me, including the portion of retirement plans I have in DRIPS.

Non-retirement, this might be the year I hit $100 in 1099s. I started in 99 but couldn't invest regularly, needed to feed 401k and house. Now divorced and without The Spender, I can really target that $1000. I paid him his half of the drips and was not going to sell my babies.

people that don't love dividend stocks just don't get it ; )
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us