The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Pension, annuity, or payout? Date:  9/24/2012  1:54 PM
Author:  joelxwil Number:  70939 of 88772

You have the most flexibility if you take a lump sum payment and roll it over to an IRA, providing you can do this tax free. If you take the monthly payments, they will probably be taxed.

So the tax information is what you need.

This is assuming that you have enough money to live on at this time, of course.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us