The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

Subject:  Re: May want to re-think traditional allocations Date:  9/26/2012  5:17 PM
Author:  Rayvt Number:  70965 of 81374

2-leg re-set indexing does it. This company calls it 'Integrated Options Portfolio.'

Leveraged income residential real estate is also very well positioned for the present and coming events.

Great. When you go to that site it starts playing a video, with loud audio. Right there is a marker that this is a rinky-dink operation. But, hey, doesn't EVERYBODY want their co-workers to know that they are surfing non-work-related investment sites?
And whatever else they load stalls my netbook in its tracks, so it took forever to kill it.

Between the video and the frozen scrolling (see: netbook, stalling of, above) I couldn't even see what their gimmick was.

I've never heard of "2-leg re-set indexing", but I suspect it stands for "These scamsters are going to take all my money". Google show nothing -- except for a few TMF board postings, so I suspect that my suspicion is correct. Either that or it's some standard well-known strategy that these bozos have plastered their own name on, to fool the marks.

Oh, I see from one of your (Dave's) posts that this is just the standard roll-your-own indexed annnuity. Except that instead of buying a safe T-bill or CD, you buy a junk bond. What could possibly go wrong?

Excuse me while I go throw up.

I did get a chuckle from the bit about "downside security (safety)" of junk bonds, though.
Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us