The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Fools Fighting Fat

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-cant-do-this-unless-you-dont-have-easy-30286514.aspx

Subject:  Re: XPost -- Just One Thing Date:  9/27/2012  12:07 PM
Author:  Myownigloo Number:  57315 of 58627

You can't do this unless you don't have easy access to the stuff that's triggering you. So get rid of it and don't buy (or make) anymore. That's just some common-sense stuff. If you have co-workers that bring it in--just try to avoid the area where it's locate and if you see it, tell yourself that someone just sneezed all over it.

Well, this just isn't an option (except the sneezing part -- good one). It just isn't. The availability is there and there's no avoiding it. And I'm one for "You can't do this...."

You need to replace the sugar with something else, though. I mean taking something you love away and not replacing it isn't going to work either. Try to think of something else you might enjoy that's not going to make you go hog wild. For me it's my homemade protein bars, but everyone is different--you need to find whatever works for you.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I decided yesterday that what I need to do during my most vulnerable time (between 2:30 and 4:00 p.m.) is to eat WHATEVER and HOWEVER MUCH I have to in order NOT to eat the candy.

So I ate 5 figs, an apple, a banana, and a handful of raw almonds.

I consider yesterday a huge milestone in that I did not eat one single piece of candy nor one cookie or piece of cake.

Today I'm armed with baked sweet potatoes, cheese, nuts, apples, cherry tomatoes, olives and grapes. Whatever it takes to break the cycle, that's what I'm doing.

MOI
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us