The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-finally-got-around-to-making-this-recipe-i-had-30287147.aspx

Subject:  Re: snickerdoodle bars Date:  9/27/2012  4:13 PM
Author:  zoningfool Number:  54577 of 55941

I finally got around to making this recipe! (I had it printed out and stored since you posted it).

[I reduced the size (cut the ingredients down by 2/3 and put it into an 8x8 pan) and made it gluten-free by using GF flour and a little extra leavening. I also added milk to make it more like a cake and easier to spread (GF flours are incredibly thirsty and need additional liquid). I misread the recipe and didn't see the 'dollop' part and ended up just spreading the second half of the batter over the entire cinnamon sugar layer. I had extra cinnamon sugar left over so I sprinkled it on top--so I didn't need the glaze.]

The end result was that it is also a keeper for me--it was very quick and easy to make. I am thinking of bringing it to the relatives' as my contribution for Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for posting it!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us