The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Fools Fighting Fat

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-consider-yesterday-a-huge-milestone-in-that-i-30287625.aspx

Subject:  Re: XPost -- Just One Thing Date:  9/27/2012  8:41 PM
Author:  ThyPeace Number:  57322 of 58666

I consider yesterday a huge milestone in that I did not eat one single piece of candy nor one cookie or piece of cake.

You're absolutely right, this is a huge milestone! I'm glad you're trying various things to substitute for the sweets. Another suggestion is to grab a bottle of water and walk a little bit. It doesn't have to be very far or for very long -- a five minute walk down the stairs and across the parking lot is probably plenty.

I suggest it because sometimes I am thirsty and my body doesn't have a clue until I'm drinking the water. The walk will help your body go, "Oh yeah, I do other things besides sitting at a desk," which can then help you realize you're thirsty, and then quench the thirst.

ThyPeace, not satisfied with her work snacks at the moment, but still eating them. Tomorrow I think I'll bring half of them home and see what happens with just one snack per day...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us