The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/party-like-its-2009-charlie-in-honor-of-this-30288984.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bond Offers a YTM of 522.5%! Date:  9/28/2012  2:13 PM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34417 of 35400

party like its 2009 Charlie! In honor of this thread I had to pause a moment and weep. These types of trades and opportunities were so abundant a few years ago but now its like finding water in the desert >> in 2009 fond memories of unisys, yrcw, pier 1, mgm grand, e-trade, sirius satellite, sunamerica all trading in the single digits to 20 cents on the dollar range and then shortly later trading/calling at par. i could go on but i digress. now adays it seems whenever a corp like atpg takes that downward spiral into the <$30 handle range its the point of no return. although i must say i was a little impressed with patriot coal's bounce from intially $30 handle on BK news, now trading in the 1/2 par range.

wonder how long this current drought is going to last. i am already looking at individual corp floating rates as possibly the next trade.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us