The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Foolish Collective

Subject:  Update Date:  9/29/2012  8:23 AM
Author:  PaulEngr Number:  46602 of 46885

HEK...recall buying at $2.69 expecting to sell around $3.50. Well, that went quick. They made an announcement about a merger deal and 4 days later they were at my sell point. I didn't really know the other company very well so I dumped and took my profit.

RNF...shot up to around $34 which is well over my covered call so I got assigned. Now, I bought originally at $30 thinking they were undervalued. My call was about 10% over the buy price. So I made the call plus 10% which is fine by me because I'm really after the 10% dividend stream. I gave up around $1.50 or 5% of potential return in order to make $0.80 or 2.7% of guaranteed return. Either way I made money so I don't consider this a bad thing. I still like them at $34 so I bought back in.

MU...finally assigned at $6. I had originally sold the call at $6 when the stock was floating around $0.25 for $0.38 so instead of selling at $6.25 I effectively sold at $6.38. The price was a little higher but I don't care because my goal was to sell it and make more than it was selling for on the day I wanted to s