The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ot-i-did-it-30290152.aspx

Subject:  OT: I Did It! Date:  9/29/2012  10:02 AM
Author:  TMFBreakerRob Number:  17183 of 18066

This is completely off topic, but I'm excited to share this....

Woohoo! I did it! :D

For the first time ever... <drum roll>.... I ran a complete 5k, no walking. 3.11 miles in 37:54, about 12:12 minutes/mile. Going up the hills out here was the hardest of course. LOL I could have gone a bit faster, but wanted to be sure I could go the distance. As it turned out, it wasn't bad at all. A sunny morning at 46 degrees.

That completes my "Couch to 5K" program.

Next step: "Hal Higdon's Training Program" for the half marathon. :) That's a 13 week program, although I may very well stretch it out longer if necessary in order to build up my endurance properly. For those who don't know about it, I walked a half marathon this Spring (The Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati...LOL) and my goal is to return next Spring and run it. Why?, you may ask? To be in better shape so I can do more fun things in life... and to lose weight. So far, so good. I'm not huffing and puffing to do things, I'm losing weight (still too fat!) and I have a real feeling of accomplishment.

Rob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us