The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-everyone-yes-we-do-belong-to-a-credit-30290223.aspx

Subject:  Re: Something Funny Going On Date:  9/29/2012  10:58 AM
Author:  brucedoe Number:  116718 of 121219

Thanks everyone.

Yes we do belong to a credit union, Pentagon Federal. I probably should have started with PenFed, but our agent that would handle the home sale said he used BB&T. We have three checking accounts there so I thought it was all right.

Now BB&T has offered us a $150,000 line of credit. I told them not to bother. They said it would be no bother and we don't pay any interest if we don't draw upon it. Guess that is all right. This is in a different office from loans. They call it commercial.

My decision for now is to stay in our home and hire in-home care if we need it. I'm exhausted. Our family goes along with this. This requires us to extricate ourselves from our contract with the continuing care facility. The lady we deal with said she thought it would not be much of a problem except we would not get our money back that we have paid in so far until the apartment is resold. She will check with legal to see if that is correct.

brucedoe
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us