The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ff-miles-and-cc-points-30290468.aspx

Subject:  FF Miles and CC Points Date:  9/29/2012  1:49 PM
Author:  richinaz Number:  18941 of 20951

I know some have mentioned the difficulty of redeeming points but I thought I would show if you are flexible schedule wise you can get a nice trip with them.I have the following trip scheduled for later this year although I might have to cancel it if I change jobs (except for a penalty on the airline tickets all of the points/fees would be refunded).

190,000 - Two business class (Envoy) tickets on US Airways (includes 5K per ticket discount because I have their mastercard) to Paris (CDG) ~$250 in taxes (one ticket starts in AZ and the other in MD)
66,000 - Chase Rewards Points for 3 nights at the Park Hyatt in Paris
8,000 + $120 - 2 nights at Sheraton Brussels
4,800 + $ 90 - 1 night at Sheraton CDG Paris Airport
15,000 + 1 free night certificate via Hyatt CC - 2 nights at Hyatt Cologne

So far the trip would cost me $210 + $250 (fees/taxes on the airline tickets) for 2 business tickets R/T and 8 nights in hotels. I still need two more hotel nights (1 in Paris and 1 in Cologne) but I'm just waiting for some other points to post.

Personally I would have been satisfied with a lower end hotel than the Park Hyatt in Paris but choices were limited for Hyatt/Hilton points. The points for the Sheraton stays came from the Starwood card.

I've redeem miles/points for airline tickets before but this is the first time I've accumulated enough for hotel stays. Paris hotels seem especially pricey.

Rich
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us