The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Ask A Foolish Question


Subject:  Re: 401k Date:  9/30/2012  10:59 PM
Author:  CABob Number:  259364 of 278168

The gerneral advice which I agree with is to contribute to your 401k up to get the maximum employer contribution, then contribute to a Roth IRA if eligible to its max, then continue contributing to the 401k, and then to a taxable account.
Some of the 401k plans seem to be poor, but, they may be better than other alternatives.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us