The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/geez-you-donate-25-bucks-or-50-bucks-and-they-30292669.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Particulars of Polls Date:  10/1/2012  10:54 AM
Author:  Colovion Number:  646375 of 749507

Geez, you donate 25 bucks or 50 bucks and they use every penny of it sending you more junk mail asking for more money.

Yes, definitely a pet peeve! I'd just as soon let them know to send everything to me electronically, at least they wouldn't be spending a fortune on wasted postage then!

It isn't just politicians who do this, so does the NRA. I get so much mail from them asking for more money that it has to have cost them as much as I paid for my life membership in postage already! The worst is when they send you a DVD unsolicited and then bill you for it if you don't send it back right away. Uh, I don't have time to keep sending back crap I didn't want in the first place! It isn't just the NRA that does this, so does the North American Fishing Club. Of course if you cave in and just pay for it then they'll keep sending the rest of the series to you. Ugh.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us