The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

Subject:  Acorn Squash Date:  10/2/2012  9:56 AM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  77709 of 84015

This is a new one for me. I've never tried it. I read a recipe that cut both ends off, cleaned out the seeds and pulp and stuffed a stick of butter into the cavity, followed with filling the rest of the cavity with brown sugar.

That seemed kind of lame to me, as I *think* the butter will pretty much just melt from the squash cavity into the smoker. This one seems better, as the ends aren't cut off and halving the squash makes 2 bowls that will better hold the butter and brown sugar:

I'll probably cook it on my WSM at lower temps and slower/longer... I'll probably wrap it in some AL foil after it's smoked for a while, to help meld the ingredients and flavors together and make it more tender.

Any suggestions or other recipes would be very welcomed - I have 3 Acorn Squash to work with. I don't want to do them all the same way and would be interested in types of wood or wood chips to use, cooking times, temps and other ingredients.

Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us