The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Get Organized!

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hooooooo-boy-30296600.aspx

Subject:  Hooooooo boy...... Date:  10/3/2012  12:33 AM
Author:  CassWoman Number:  35941 of 37183

I encountered a serious hoarding/squalor situation a few days ago, and I've been working on how to report it, because it needs to be reported. There are some serious health and safety issues involved, and I don't envision this person's situation improving.

In summary, filth everywhere, including cat vomit, rabbit and cat feces and urine, very strong odors of both and of rotting food. Only one seat in the living room, bed piled high with clothing, several rooms unable to be used for their intended functions, broken stove, one bathroom functional, but not very functional.... Stuff everywhere.

I hate to have to call social services or whatever organization that can help with this, but I would hate to see my worst enemy living in this, and I would hate it more if something happened to this friend, who already has health problems....

If anyone has any guidance or suggestions about this kind of thing, please let me know. (Sigh.) I won't be able to call until probably Friday since I have to find the right organization and have my kids in school so they can't interrupt me and/or hear the conversation.

Cassandra
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us