The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Words, Words, Words


Subject:  Re: What is it called? Date:  10/3/2012  12:04 PM
Author:  TMBFAverageJoe Number:  12644 of 14837

"I believe that's a billabong"

Thanks, that sounds about right. defines billabong as,

"a branch of a river flowing away from the main stream but leading to no other body of water; a blind or dead-end channel."

It seems I once heard it called something else, and I was trying to find that word, but for my purposes billabong will do fine.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us